Celebrating Mother's Day in Southern Illinois
Looking for some special ways to
celebrate Mother's Day this year?
We've got some great ideas.
1) Treat Mom to Brunch or a Special Event
2nd Annual Mother's Day Brunch on May 7th
Havisham House, Alto Pass
$40 per person
Enjoy a Mother's Day Luncheon at Havisham House. The theme this year will be DERBY HATS! We will have a delicious lunch catered by The Kitchen on Lafayette, live gospel/popular music by John Ryan & Cody Galloway, and door prizes from local businesses. Get your tickets before May 1.
Social Hour 12-1 p.m.
Lunch is served at 1 p.m.
Door Prizes announced at 2 p.m.
Live music 12-2 p.m
Mother’s Day Paint & Sip at Alto Vineyards
Painting Event Sponsored by Project Human X
Tickets on Eventbrite
Mother's Day Brunch at Walker's Bluff
MOTHER'S DAY BUFFET AT LEGENDS
Sunday, May 14, 2023, 11am-4pm
Adults (12 and older) $32
Children (3-11) $11
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
Call us at (618)956-9900 to make your reservation today
2) Plan a family hike together and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Get mom out of the house and plan a fun day out of doors. Explore some of the region's great parks and recreation areas. Some favorites are the Ferne Clyff Waterfall Trail and the Pomona Natural Bridge Trail (easy)
3)Not the hiking kind, plan a picnic lunch at one of our state and local parks. Giant City in Makanda, Dixon Springs in Golconda, Fort Massac in Metropolis, and Lake Murphysboro are some favorites. For a more extensive list of state parks go to https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/Parks/Pages/Southern.aspx. There are also several wonderful family-friendly local parks. See. our listing at http://www.sifamilies.org/kid-friendly-parks.html.
4) Why not cook for her for a change? Plan a special meal for Mom on her special day. And nothing is better than including some fresh fruits and vegetables you can pick up at this weekend's farmers markets in Carbondale, DuQuoin, Golconda, Herrin, and Marion,
5) Try your hand at something more personal. Moms love handwritten letters and homemade cards. Help her with some of her daily tasks or plant her garden. Collect photos of you together and make a special collage of precious memories.
Whatever you do, Mother’s Day is about the special Moms in your life.
You don't have to spend a lot of money to make her feel loved